The world over, LINK is seen as a dependable partner for specialised orthopaedic surgeons and an institution in joint replacement surgery - competent, creative and committed.
The specialized hospital supplies business was opened by Waldemar Link in Hamburg on January 1st, 1948 and has grown to become Waldemar Link GmbH & Co. KG, an international supplier of orthopaedic implants and surgical instruments.
The first prosthetic joints in Germany were developed by LINK for the hip and knee in the 1960s. Since then, the product range has been repeatedly expanded to include implants and instruments for many other orthopaedic disciplines.
The company has expanded its activities, growing to become one of the world's leading companies with its own distributors on several continents and a worldwide sales network with over 745 direct employees and many distribution partnerships worldwide